On a mobile? Click here.
CTS wins the prestigious 2009 National Operator of the Year award. Read More»
"There is an old saying that "time is money" and it could not be any truer than it is today in our multitasking work environment. Our Vice President travels extensively and we rely on Corporate Transportation Solutions to ensure that all his transportation needs are met. They are courteous, prompt, professional and flexible. They treat my boss as if he is their boss. They are invested in getting any job done completely and proficiently. They are a tremendous resource and partner to my company."
|This site chose VeriSign SSL
for secure e-commerce and
|ABOUT SSL CERTIFICATES|
Corporate Transportation Solutions has begun preemptive action to reduce its impact on the environment by launching a comprehensive program to take on climate change issues. While we recognize that research continues on the impact of greenhouse gas emissions we know that we can begin steps now which have a positive effect on the environment.
The Corporate Transportation Solutions plan is based on a belief that the uncertainty and risks presented by global warming are so great, it is better to take action immediately rather than to wait for scientific research and technological improvements to “fix” climate change. The idea is a balanced approach on issues of environmental sustainability.
CTS commitment to reducing our carbon footprint has lead us to opening dialog throughout the ground transportation industry to begin discussions and implement immediate change to reduce our carbon emissions, support the renewable energy industry, and neutralize the remaining carbon emissions –through a balanced sustainability initiative and education Corporate Transportation Solutions is moving towards a 100% carbon free platform.
CTS and our partners are committed to the development and maintenance of an environmentally-friendly business model. Through our comprehensive initiatives, we are setting the emission reduction standards for the executive ground transportation industry in conjunction with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
CTS is proud to be part of the first group of transportation industry veterans and environmental experts working together to promote education and action within the executive ground transportation industry to address the problems created by climate change.
Corporate Transportation Solutions is implementing comprehensive programs designed to help us exceed industry standards by providing detailed auditing, goal setting, and carbon offsetting.
Our Environmental Strategies
CTS has introduced comprehensive and customized strategies to our operation that will, over the next few years, result in a significant reduction of the company's energy consumption. Today, CTS is actively involved in:
- A Carbon Emissions Assessment
- Awareness and Education
- Emissions Impact Goal Setting
- Integration of Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Reduction Strategies
- 100% Carbon Offsetting Programs
- Voluntary Reporting
- Use of FlexFuel Vehicles and the Development of Fleet Alternative Platforms
Other alternative actions that are being followed are:
1. CTS has taken delivery on new flex-fuel SUVs. This equipment can run on either gasoline or E85 - a blend of 85% ethanol and 15% gasoline — or a combination of both. “The availability of E85 will grow exponentially over the next few years, and right now, our SUVs utilize Active Fuel Management™.” This new technology lets the vehicles use all cylinders when power is needed and fewer cylinders when practical for better mileage. The net result = less fuel consumption=reduction of greenhouse gases=reduced carbon footprint.
2. CTS has converted all paper documents – including confirmations, receipts, invoices, etc – to digital formats. The company has reduced its use of paper by more than 50%.
3. All CTS light fixtures are now equipped with Energy Star certified compact fluorescent light bulbs, which are 75% more energy efficient than regular bulbs.
4. All CTS promotional materials, including brochures, are printed on recycled paper and the company's monthly newsletters and other new business mailings have been converted to digital formats and email.
5. CTS has instituted a buy “green” preferred supplier partnership – office supplies, computers, and all other office-related products are purchased from companies that have established sustainability programs.
6. At CTS we educate our chauffeur staff on the negative impact which results from fleet vehicles left idling. Awareness here has lead to a significant reduction in idle time unless absolutely necessary. The net result = less fuel consumption = reduction of greenhouse gases = reduced carbon footprint.
Please allow our staff to provide you with a measurable and responsible solution regarding your ground transportation needs.